Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Going Through Town Window

I made this wall piece from an old window about a year ago but just stuck in storage shed. I made sure to put an old sheet. I took a hammer and took out the windows that were falling out anyways. I lifted up the frame and took the old sheet to the dumpster. I next painted the inside of the frame red and the outside of the frame blue. I used my fabri-fix to glue lace where the glass windows were at. Then I grabbed my box of buttons, beads, and old watches. I randomly glued them into the corners. when I took it out of stroage there was very few but about 3 pieces missing. I really should have stored it better. So to fix some of the spot I took 3 vintage postage stamps and put them in the blank spot. I call this Going Through Town Window because it reminds me of down town area where I live the postal office, some antique stores and clock tower.
Going Through Town Window


Challenges:

3 comments:

  1. Interesting idea! Love the old stamps!! Thanks so much for linking up with me at #AThemedLinkup 20 for All Things American (red, white, and blue), open June 27 to July 25. All party entries shared if social media buttons installed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vintage window art is very unique! The addition of buttons add a creative touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Awesome upcycle:) Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete