Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Christmas in July

I made a Art Journal cover with Walking Snowman Digi from Crafty Ribbons for my design team project for Through The Craft Room Door. So I did this project partially with my kids we collaged the cover with washi tape. Then we water colored the inside portion with green and blue. I took black watercolor around the edge and let it drip to the inside. I took the digital and printed it out on a scrap piece of snowflake coffee dyed paper. I colored in certain parts with a pink metallic marker. I glued it to the cover as  a focus point. I used metallic marker around the different washi tape to add some depth or texture to it.
Christmas in July
Challenges:

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a creative and wonderful journal cover! I just love this!! Thank you for sharing in our challenge. Please join us again!
    Hugs, Joy
    Digi Choosday Craft Challenge
    Joyfully Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the collaged cover. What a great way to use washi tape. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's a great use for washi tape, looks fab.
    Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic idea! What great fun to work with the kiddies! Smashing journal cover! Thanks for playing with us at Ike's World Challenges in July! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete